Saturday, April 18, 2009

Proverbs 3: 27 & 28

Proverbs 3:27 & 28 speaks of the principle that is usually called the Golden Rule; to treat others the way that you would want them to treat you.

Proverbs 3: 27 & 28

27 Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, When it is in the power of your hand to do so. 28 Do not say to your neighbor, “ Go, and come back, and tomorrow I will give it,” when you have it with you.

Verse 27 tells us that if we have the “power” or ability to do good to others… especially those who deserve to be treated well, then we should to that good. The Fruits of the Spirit like love, goodness, kindness, and gentleness should be shown to others: widows, orphans, and the poor or needy.

Verse 28 goes on to give an example of what Solomon was talking about. He says not to put someone off “until tomorrow” if you can do something today. I really need to take this to heart, because I sometimes do this very thing. I will see a need and tell myself that I really need to do something about that… maybe tomorrow, or “later,” but then I never seem to get around to doing it.


I have been trying to get into the habit, especially with prayer requests, to stop and pray right then, when I learn of the need and not just SAY, “I’ll pray for you…” or “I’ll keep that in prayer…” because so often I will get busy doing something else and forget.

God, in several places in His Word, spells out the principle of “living in the moment,” and not being a procrastinator. We are to give Him all of our cares, and not worry about “tomorrow…” We need to live one day at a time and take care of the needs of others that way, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment